Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inspiration


Lately, things have been mostly good, but I've been very uninspired. I can't explain how much The Amity Affliction's album 'Youngbloods' speaks to me. Because of having nothing to listen to, I started listening to it again. Oh boy, the lyrics are just so deep. They make me think a lot. At the same time, I feel such conviction from the words, I totally agree with them, yet I doubt them an immense amount at the same time. There is just so much we don't know, and so many different opinions and thoughts on everything, it's slightly overwhelming. Kind of makes me feel slightly less important. I just felt it was necessary to say.

I didn't say anything, but last month Amity came to Townsville (about an hour away) and I went and had an excellent time with my friends. I wanted to write a whole big massive thing about it, but I didn't really feel like it. The concert was so inspiring though.

Excuse me, as I'm now going to go back and immerse myself deeply in the words of Joel and Ahren.

JR.

No comments:

Post a Comment