Friday, June 25, 2010

Hero 28: Aphex Twin


Basically, Aphex Twin is this one British guy called Richard D. James, who just makes real awesome electronic music. I haven't heard any of his music yet, but I'm extremely intrigued by him. In 1994, he put out this record entitled 'Selected Ambient Works Volume II'. The name doesn't sound like much, but it is far from it. There are 25 songs on the album, and every single one is untitled, save for one, titled 'Blue Calx'. The interesting thing is that the album was inspired by his dreams. He would wake up from his dreams, and try recreate sounds from his dreams by creating soundscapes, and relating them to colours. This is like, the ultimate form of music creation. I am going to buy this as soon as I can, and then I will probably review it, or probably not. Basically, I'm in love with the idea of the record, and him. Heroism in music = win.

No comments:

Post a Comment