Monday, June 7, 2010

Hero 6: Randy Rhoads


That opening riff from Ozzy Osbourne's 'Crazy Train' is what practically inspired me to pick up the guitar. Never had I heard something that crazy, that heavy, and that inspiring in my life. I literally had shivers the first time I heard it. Suffice to say, once I found out the name of the guitarist who played this astonishing piece of music, I promptly fell in love. I went out and bought every record he played on (sadly it was only 3 :( ). I worshipped Randy. He was a god, and a humble one at that. I even did an English assignment on him in grade 10, because I was that obsessed.
Sadly, a few years after joining Ozzy Osbourne's band, Randy died in a plane crash accident. Reading that made me incredibly sad. But, his legacy lives on. I will always remember him. RIP Randy Rhoads. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment