Saturday, July 10, 2010

Best Albums of 2010


Me, I love music. It's my thing. I live off music. Every moment of my life is just music. It's kinda great. Sometimes I find it tiring, but not often. This year in particular, has been great for me, musically. I've gone through so many genres, and just cycled through so much awesome, and at times, not so awesome music. So, I've decided to tip a gentle nod towards Pitchfork Media and Triple J (only the greatest radio station evarr) and compile a list of my top albums of 2010. I'm not going to actually do it till the year is over, but I thought I might name a few now that I've really like. Two weeks ago I got the new Parkway Drive and Amity Affliction albums. I was really excited because they are both great Australian heavy bands. I was more excited for Parkway to be honest, but after listening, I thought otherwise. Deep Blue is definitely good, brutal and heavy, but I just can't get over the awesome melodic sounds of Youngbloods. For the first time, The Amity Affliction sound like a band to me. There's not a weak moment on the album, and there's a great breakdown in 'Fire or Knife' that I just crank as loud as I can every time I hear it. I reckon it's in my top 3 albums of this year, without doubt. That's pretty good, considering I've heard so much music this year. So, without further ado, I shall name some of the awesome albums I've heard so far this year. (In no particular order of course).

Plastic Beach-Gorillaz
Brothers-The Black Keys
Youngbloods-The Amity Affliction
Deep Blue-Parkway Drive
Sir Lucius Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty-Big Boi (of OutKast)
Crystal Castles II-Crystal Castles
The Hearts of Lonely People-Isles & Glaciers

No comments:

Post a Comment